The Police Officer Fitness Test is held at KCC's Fitness Center, inside the Kankakee Valley Ice Centre, 1601 River Road, Kankakee.
- The Police Officer Fitness Test must be scheduled at least three (3) business days before it is administered.
- The cost is $45 per attempt.
- Pay by credit card. Phone KCC's Accounting Office - 815-802 8140. Hours: Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. • Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (closed most Fridays in May, June & July).
- After payment, contact KCC's Fitness Center to schedule your Police Officer Fitness Test. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 815‑802‑8610 (hours are Mon. - Fri. 6 a.m. - 1 p.m. • Mon. - Thurs. 4-7 p.m. • Sat. 8 a.m. - noon)
- Fees will not be accepted on the day of the test.
- Bring a state-issued picture identification card.
- Wear appropriate exercise attire for indoor and outdoor activity.
- Athletic shoes are required. No street shoes or boots are allowed.
- Except for extreme conditions, the test will not be delayed or rescheduled due to weather.
- Immediately after the test, candidates who successfully complete all requirements will be issued a Police Officer Fitness Test card or temporary card
- Replacement fee is $20.
- Must be 20 yrs. of age or older at the time of testing.
- No refunds, including for a missed test time.
- Test must be completed within 6 months of payment.
The Police Officer Fitness Test consists of four basic tests.
The tests will be given in the following sequence with a rest period between each.
- Sit and Reach Test - A measure of the flexibility of the lower back and upper leg area.
- 1 Minute Sit-Up Test - A measure of the muscular endurance of the abdominal muscles.
- 1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press - A maximum weight pushed from the bench press position to measures the amount of force the upper body can generate.
- 1.5 Mile Run - A timed run to measure the heart and vascular system’s capability to transport oxygen.
The applicant must pass every test.
The required performance to pass each test is based upon age (decade) and sex.