The KCC Fitness Center offers total body fitness to KCC students as well as members of the community. The 3,500 square-foot facility features state-of-the-art equipment from Life Fitness, the No. 1 brand of fitness equipment in health clubs worldwide, offering a full range of training options.
Monthly and annual membership packages are available for individuals, families and couples. KCC students can enroll for college credit. KCC’s athletes also use the center as part of their training. For more information, phone 815-802-8610.
Become a Member
Sign up at KCC's Accounting Office (second floor of the college) and at the Fitness Center, located in the Ice Valley Centre at 1601 River Road, Kankakee.
KCC offers the following membership packages to non-student members of the community.
|Individual (16 - 59 yrs.)||$25||$275|
|Family (up to 2 parents and 3 children,
16 yrs. and older)
|Senior (60 yrs. and older)||$9||$99|
|U.S. military veterans||$9||$99|
KCC students can choose to:
- sign up as a member
- enroll in the fitness center course and earn college credit
|Option||Spring or Fall||Summer|
|KCC students (as member)||$80||$40|
|KCC students (as course enrollee)||current tuition rate
for 1 credit hour
+ $20 fee
|current tuition rate
for 1 credit hour
+ $20 fee
Fitness Center for College Credit
You can earn college credit for working out. Your workout schedule is up to you. After an initial orientation, there are no set meeting times. Work out as often as you'd like.
The Fitness Center class is the cost of one semester of college credit plus a $20 course fee.
Fall: August - December
Spring: January - May
Summer: June - July
High school students earn college credit
For high school students, Fitness Center credits can be held in escrow until you graduate, then the credits can be applied as college credits at KCC or another college.
To join, register and pay at KCC's Department of Student Services, Riverfront Campus, 100 College Drive, Kankakee, Illinois.
Students enrolling in the Fitness Center course for the first time must schedule an assessment and orientation session. Contact the Fitness Center at 802-8610 to make an appointment.
Orientations usually begin about a week before the semester begins and must be complete before using the Fitness Center. To be considered enrolled in the course, students must begin Fitness Center sessions within the first week of the semester start date.
To re-enroll, complete the re-enrollment form (either online or by filling out a printed copy), print and bring with you when you register. Forms are also available in the Fitness Center and Student Services Department.
Personal fitness assessment and orientation
After you have registered, schedule your 60-minute orientation by phoning 815-802-8610 or stopping by the Fitness Center. Orientation times are 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
A member of the Fitness Center staff will take you through a fitness assessment which includes: girth, height, weight, resting heart rate and body fat composition.
You will receive a tour of the Fitness Center and locker rooms along with an explanation of our 21 Life Fitness cable-assisted lifting machines.
Please allow 60 minutes for the assessment and orientation. The orientation counts toward your fitness center grade.
At registration you are asked to choose one of the following grade options:
Pass/Fail - to pass, complete 20 hours of exercise throughout the semester
Traditional letter grade - to receive an A, complete 25 hours or more of exercise throughout the semester
Your grade is based on the option you choose and the amount of time you exercise throughout the semester.
A - 25 hours or more
B - 22-24:59 hours
C - 20-21:59 hours
D - 17-19:59 hours
F - 16:59 hours or less
Personal Trainers and Staff
Our personal trainers can help you reach your fitness goals. In addition to being certified professionals and/or having the appropriate degrees, our trainers stay current with the latest fitness trends and training techniques.
Training sessions are one hour. You will have an initial consultation to discuss specific fitness goals. Up to three people can participate in a session. Rates are:
|No. of Persons||1 session||5 sessions||10 sessions|
Why Personal Training?
Using a personal trainer will help you maximize your time and effort at the gym, giving you tremendous value.
- Reach your fitness goals faster
- Achieve better results
- Keep your workouts fresh and motivating
- Save time with a thorough, pre-planned workout
A fitness assessment evaluates physical fitness components such as height, weight, body fat composition, resting heart rate, balance, muscle strength and endurance. Cost is $35.
Contact Yvonne Mills, personal trainer manager
Read how our members reached their fitness goals at KCC's comfortable and well-equipped fitness center with the help of our knowledgeable, supportive personal trainers.
“Yvonne was an amazing coach. She pushed me each class.”
“I have lost inches, gained muscle mass and become much stronger with LESS aches and pain.”
“...We know that having a safe and effective work-out propels you into a fuller and more rewarding life. And this is exactly what using KCC’s Fitness Center and working with Yvonne have done for me. ”
“After three months, I could tell that things were improving. After six months I feel stronger, my balance has improved and I've lost some weight.”
“I recommend any athlete or person, to sign up for training sessions with Ms. Yvonne. I guarantee you will get better in the area you are trying to improve.”
The Illinois Law Enforcement and Standards Board has established the Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (P.O.W.E.R. Test). The test was created in recognition of the importance of physical fitness in the performance of essential law enforcement duties.
Applicant General Information
The Kankakee Community College POWER test will be held at KCC's Fitness Center, located inside the Kankakee Valley Ice Center at 1601 River Road, Kankakee, Il. Applicants are required to arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled test time to fill out additional forms.
- Applicants must be 20 years of age at the time of testing and have a State-issued picture identification card.
- The last day an applicant can register for the power test is three (3) days in advance of the scheduled date the POWER test is to be administered.
- The tuition for the POWER test is $45.00.
- Payment can be made at KCC's Accounting Office located on the second floor in person or by calling (815) 802‑8140. Fall & Spring hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00am-6:00 pm and Friday 8:00am - 5pm/ summer hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm.
- After payment has been made contact KCC's Fitness Center to schedule POWER test during business hours at (815) 802‑8610: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-1:00pm / 4:00pm-7:00pm, Friday 6:00am-12:pm, Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm or email email@example.com
- There is a $20.00 fee for replacement or lost POWER card.
- Fees will not be accepted the day of the test.
- Refunds will not be given after payment is received by KCC.
- Participants missing the scheduled test will have forfeited their fees.
- All fees will be forfeited if POWER test is not completed within 6 months of submission of payment.
- All participants of the POWER test must wear appropriate exercise attire for indoor and outdoor events.
- Athletic shoes are required. No street shoes or boots will be allowed in the fitness center.
- Test will be conducted rain or shine. Only in case of extreme weather will a test be delayed or rescheduled.
- The POWER card will be mailed to the candidate following the successful completion of the test. Candidates will be issued a temporary card with successful completion of all requirements of the POWER test the day of the test.